Ron Brideaux is the Managing Partner of our Stones Corner Office. Ron has been in partnership with Chris Bridge since 1985. Ron’s in-depth knowledge and experience in wills and estates, succession planning, business law and insolvency is much sought after.
His recent work includes:
– Acting for the developer in all aspects of a multi-stage off-the-plan residential apartment development including contracts, titling, financer requirements, planning and easements;
– Acting for liquidators and receiver managers in property sales
– Drafting leases and advising landlords and tenants in commercial and retail shop leases;
– Advising clients in medium-size property development including effective structure of entities for joint venture and advice in regard to stamp duty;
– Advising clients in regard to Self-Managed Superannuation Funds including sales, purchases and commercial leases.
– Assisting clients in regard to enduring powers of attorney to ensure that their intentions are clear and carried out by trusted advisers if capacity is lost;
– Advising clients to develop effective estate planning strategies to ensure the assets in their estate are distributed according to their will, including testamentary trusts and advice in regard to family maintenance provisions;
– Assisting clients to manage estate tax liabilities and realise assets of estates including Transmission Applications and Transfers.
– Acting for clients in business sales and purchases including share sales, restaurant purchase, security business assets and commercial warehouses;
– Advising clients in regard to due diligence, documentation for finance applications, drafting mortgages and commercial loans;
– Acting for clients in property and construction disputes including litigation, caveats and recovery;
– Assisting clients in negotiation and recovery of debts;
– PPSR charges.
Ron’s ability to listen to his clients and to assist with the delivery of prompt and effective solutions to their problems, has resulted in strong support for Bridge Brideaux throughout Brisbane and in the local community.
In Ron’s spare time, he enjoys playing ice hockey and going to the beach with his family.
In 1977, Chris Bridge commenced practice at Mitchelton in partnership with Doug Maddern. In 1985, Ron Brideaux joined the partnership now known as Bridge Brideaux and Chris became the Managing Partner of the Mitchelton Office. The Mitchelton office enjoys a loyal client base of local residents, business people and their extended families. The office has always been a general practice with emphasis on the core areas of conveyancing, wills and estates, family law, commercial law and litigation.
Chris uses the experience gained in more than 35 years of practice to provide his clients with high-quality, timely and cost-effective advice. With a strong background in all facets of general practice, Chris now focuses mainly on family law (property matters), wills and estates, business sales and purchases, leasing and general litigation.
In his spare time Chris is a keen fisherman and traveller. He enjoys gardening and socialising with his friends and extended family.
Admitted in 2003 after 2 years of articled clerkship, Ben Holt spent his early career years as a junior lawyer in a top tier national firm. Prior to joining Bridge Brideaux, Ben was a Senior Associate at a large mid-tier Brisbane CBD firm. Ben has wide ranging experience in commercial, corporate & property law and commercial & civil litigation. Ben is also experienced in handling estates, family law, personal injuries, employment and criminal matters.
Ben’s experience, tenacity and commercial focus is sought after by clients. His client base includes insolvency practitioners, information technology business owners, restaurant and licensed venue owners, liquor distributors, tow truck operators and many individual clients.
Recent matters include:
– acting for liquidators including conducting public examinations, unfair preference recoveries, general commercial and Corporations law advice;
– acting in partnership and shareholder oppression disputes for small to medium size businesses;
– acting in the acquisition and sale of businesses including negotiation of contracts, shareholder agreements, restraint of trade agreements, confidentiality agreements and consultancy agreements;
– acting in passing off and copyright infringement disputes;
– acting for retail and commercial landlords and tenants in disputes and negotiation of lease agreements;
– acting for owners, builders and subcontractors in security of payment, debt recovery, breach of contract & negligence matters, regulatory matters and negotiation of contracts;
– acting in family disputes involving complex property and financial matters; and
– acting in contested deceased estate disputes.
Ben holds a Bachelor of Laws (with Honours) and Bachelor of Arts from the University of Queensland.
Outside of work, Ben enjoys playing cricket at a competitive level and spending time with his young family.
While completing her studies, Stephanie worked as a paralegal for 3 years, gaining experience in all areas of law including criminal, family, civil litigation, personal injuries and estates.
Following her admission in 2014, Stephanie has practiced in a wide range of areas including succession planning and estate administration, property and commercial law, personal injuries, debt recovery and civil litigation. Since joining Bridge Brideaux in August 2015, under the guidance of Ron Brideaux, Stephanie has further expanded her knowledge and experience and has assisted in a range of matters, including mediation of family provision disputes.
In any matter, Stephanie’s focus is on identifying and achieving client goals while maintaining realistic client expectations. She understands that even the simplest of legal matters can often seem intimidating and complex and strives to communicate in a sensitive and straight forward manner.
Stephanie graduated from Queensland University of Technology in 2014 with a Bachelor of Laws and Bachelor of Behavioural Science (Psychology) in 2014.
In her spare time, Stephanie enjoys playing netball, walking her dog and playing the guitar.